Job Title: Assistant, Ropes Course
Reports to: Lead, Ropes Course
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: To provide a safe and enjoyable Ropes Course experience to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests and assist Lead and Guides in ensuring the Ropes Course is maintained to operate safely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible daily implementation of policies, procedures and protocols to ensure the highest standards of staff and visitor safety
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety in the work area through staff training and implementation of safety protocols and procedures
- Complete purchases and handle cash, credit and check purchases securely and accurately, and compile daily end of day accounting paperwork
- Meet and/or exceed individual as well as team sales goals each month as set by management team
- Complete a variety of paperwork correctly and with an emphasis on detail
- Assist Lead with inventory management
- Attend mandatory training
- Assist rides department when needed
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events as needed
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication within the Membership and Guest Services teams as well as with all other Zoo Atlanta staff
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Membership/Marketing Management Team.
- Possess excellent communications skills and willingness to interact positively with guests and zoo staff
Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in customer service
Previous climbing/high ropes course experience preferred
Must be able to handle cash and credit card purchases accurately and keep customer information secure in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to communicate clearly with a variety of visitors of diverse backgrounds
Must have a friendly demeanor and be approachable
Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and problem-solving skills
Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel. Experience working with databases desired.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with Zoo guests
Focus on strong customer service and quality orientation
Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year; therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
Driving Requirements: Valid Driver’s License (Georgia preferred)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Capabilities to bend, stoop, climb and stand for up to 8 hours at a time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Ability to wear an RCI approved harness. Comfortable working up to 15’+ above the ground.
Most work will be outdoors; must have ability to work in all kinds of weather
Ability to work in and manage crowds
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Smoke-free and
Drug-free Work Environment.