Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Maintenance Technician I or II
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Maintenance Technician I or II is responsible for the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, buildings and equipment. He/she participates in the maintenance, repair, and replacement of equipment and exhibits.
- Ø Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- * Provide preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment (i.e., HVAC, mechanical, electric, plumbing and other environmental components) to ensure their proper operation.
- * Provide routine scheduled maintenance.
- * Create and follow maintenance schedules and checklists with supervisor.
- * Assist with installation and repair of equipment and fixtures.
- * Help prepare budget for equipment replacement.
- * Monitors condition of equipment and systems.
- * Assist with fabrication of new exhibits and/or prototypes.
- * Provide scheduled and emergency exhibit maintenance or repair.
- * Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- * Must be able to work weekends, late evenings on occasion, and holidays.
- * Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Value statement
- * Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Facilities & Construction management team.
- Ø Knowledge
- * Three-five years experience in industrial maintenance with emphasis in HVAC or electrical.
- * Class 1, 2 or Universal certification in proper refrigerant practices preferred.
- * General knowledge of plumbing and carpentry repair.
- Ø Special skills and abilities:
- * Must possess a willingness to help other co-workers with projects.
- * Must be flexible and receptive to change.
- * Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year, therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required. Graduation from a technical school with degree or diploma preferred.
- Ø Certificates/Licenses/Registrations:
- Ø Driving Requirements - All employees that drive a company vehicle/equipment must provide a verified MVR that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s auto liability insurance carrier’s guidelines to perform this function).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 50+ lbs on a daily basis.(A pre-employment physical is mandatory for this position).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employee will expect to work outside 50% of the time, must be comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions.
MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment