Job Title: Guest Experience Ambassador
Reports to: Senior Director of Membership &
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: To provide friendly, informative, and engaging customer service to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests, enhancing the guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- * Actively seek out guests to provide fun, engaging, and educational activities
- * Answer guest questions and assist in planning their day
- * Assist with exit surveys
- * Assist with promotion of Membership options to non-Member visitors
- * Help resolve guest problems and complaints
- * Explain policies and procedures in detail as they relate to Zoo Atlanta guidelines
- * Record and log guest interactions and activities
- * Maintain positive working relationships and communication within the team environment as well as with all other Zoo Atlanta staff
- * Attend mandatory trainings; responsible for taking notes and implementing training information into an effective guest engagement tactic
- * Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statements and Common Purpose
- * Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Membership/Marketing Management Team.
- * Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events as needed
- * Must have at least 1 - 2 years experience in customer service and/or hospitality
- * Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- * Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, energetic, enthusiastic, and have a desire to make others smile
- * Must be able to communicate with a variety of visitors of diverse backgrounds
- * Must have a friendly demeanor and be approachable
- * Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- * Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and problem-solving skills
- * Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel. Experience working with databases desired.
- * Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with Zoo guests
- * Focus on strong customer service and quality orientation
- * Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- * Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year; therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations - n/a
Driving Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license. Must maintain a good driving record to drive Zoo vehicles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to bend, stoop, stand, sit and walk for up to 8 hours at a time. Carry a backpack with up to 20 lbs of supplies
- * Most work will be outdoors in all kinds of weather; must also have ability to work in an office environment
- * Ability to work in and manage crowds
- * Ability to work with children of all ages
- * Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment.