Job Title: Shuttle Bus Driver
Reports to: Manager of Loss Prevention
\FLSA Status: (Non-Exempt)
Job Purpose:The Shuttle Bus Driver will be responsible for the proper and safe operation of a 14-passenger mini-bus, transporting passengers to and/or from the zoo and a local, off-site parking lot, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner. Responsible for assisting passengers with boarding/exiting and/or loading/unloading any luggage or packages into the vehicle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Ensure compliance with the "Hours of Service" requirements.
- Performing vehicle inspections, maintaining cleanliness of bus interior, fueling the bus, logging trip counts and assisting disabled passengers.
- Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license to be carried with driver, at all times, while on duty.
- Have and maintain an acceptable DMV record.
- Courteously assist passenger by answering any questions they may have or by providing proper directions/instructions. If necessary, direct them to a Manager for further assistance.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Facility Manager.
- Communicate debris, water, oil spills and etc. to garage office.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage.
- Assisting customers with luggage and other traveling items, if applicable (e.g. operating shuttle buses at an airport location).
- Perform as a point of information to the general public and employees.
- Review pass-on information and update staff as needed.
- Responsible for any issued tools and/or equipment, e.g. keys, two-way radios, first aid kit, etc.
- Check Special Events Board and review daily for appropriate staffing and correctness.
- Be familiar and proficient with the Emergency Procedure Manual.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Service Animal Admittance Policy.
- Report any safety hazards or security issues throughout the facility, traffic route and parking lots.
- Prepare written reports, maintain vehicle damage, equipment and trip logs. Report discrepancies as needed to the Manager of Loss Prevention.
- Interact with passenger and guests in a courteous manner, providing information and directions.
- Miscellaneous duties, functions, special projects as assigned by the Management.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by security management staff.
Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Must be able to operate a hand-held radio, monitor information and communicate clearly.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Must be able to make good decisions under stressful situations.
Ability to work effectively with people of all social, economic, and cultural background.
Strong customer service skills.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
Ability to manage multiple tasks under specific time requirements.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
Self-starter with excellent task management, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Possess good verbal skills and must be able to communicate with the general public daily in a professional manner.
Flexible availability, including weekend, evening, and holiday hours.
Education level required for positions: High School Diploma. Related experience and/or training not necessary but a plus.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Must possess a valid Georgia Drivers License that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s auto liability insurance carrier guidelines.
Physical Demands: Mustbe able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Work Environment: Drivers must be available for varying schedules and adhere to a strict transportation schedule. Drivers must be well groomed and appropriately attired for the season.Must be able and willing to drive in all kinds of weather, light, road and traffic conditions.
MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment