Job Title: Manager of Education Operations
Reports to: Vice President, Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Job Purpose: The Education Operations team is the backbone of the Zoo Atlanta Education Department program management. The Manager of Educational Operations is primarily responsible for the development and ongoing management of an education operations function that provides support to the program divisions of the department including but not limited to program registration, customer service requests, online database management and reporting and the purchasing of department-wide supplies. This position oversees a team that includes: a full time and part time registrar. In addition, the Manager of Educational Operations works within the Education team as well as with all Zoo departments to provide support where needed to assist with on-ground and off-ground programming. This position is a member of the Zoo Education Leadership team, which provides strategic direction and support for the entire team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the education operations function that provides support to the program divisions of the department, this includes evolving the function to better address the needs of the evolving department.
- Manage a team that provides excellent response and customer service through online, voice and written communication
- Work directly with Admissions to help facilitate groups through the front gate, as needed
- Collaboration with marketing and PR to market programs as well as increase uptake of programs
- Supervise Ops team and facilitate continuing education and professional development for all team members
- Manage the development, adaptation and upkeep of Zoo Atlanta’s Education Data Management programs (i.e. Doubleknot and Volgistics) to ensure complete, accurate data collection and management.
- Maintain website content for programs
- Facilitate and maintain registration and collection of all supplemental forms and releases
- Generate reports as needed for program marketing, management, as well as other Zoo needs
- Monitor accounts receivable & report on balances due
- Provide excellent customer service in alignment with Zoo Atlanta’s standards
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with quality data entry.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of database programs.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills required; familiarity with database systems and Microsoft Office is required
- Knowledge of customer service training methods and delivery of training a plus.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn a proprietary reservations system (we currently use Doubleknot.)
- Professional dress, appearance, and conduct
* Strong teamwork and customer satisfaction skills are essential
* Flexible schedule as some evening, weekend and holiday work required
- Education Level Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Database Management, or related field or a combination of Associates Degree with experience.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This is a primary sedentary position, the ability to sit for long periods of time is essential.
- Typing and working on a computer screen is 80% of this person’s time
- Extensive talking to guests on the telephone or in person
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.