Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Education Operations Assistant Position Posted: 10/2018
Department: Education Reports to: Manager of Education Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part-time
Job Purpose: The Education Operations Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Zoo guests virtually and face-to-face. Day to day tasks of the position includes but is not limited to: answering inquiries via the Zoo and Education phone lines, emails as well as from on ground guests; creating and managing reservations (including payment); follow up program participant communication; data management of all education data and forms (both paper and electronic). This position is a key member of the Education Operations Team.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent response and customer service through online, voice and written communication
- Process manual/electronic deposits; accurate cash handling.
- Facilitate and maintain registration and collection of all supplemental forms and releases.
- Assist education staff with any customer needs as requested.
- Help facilitate the admittance of groups as necessary.
- Generate reports as needed for program marketing, management, as well as other Zoo needs
- Monitor accounts receivable & report on balances due
- Provide excellent customer service in alignment with Zoo Atlanta’s standards
- Solve all reservations and communication issues with clients, showing exemplary customer service.
- Work directly with Admissions to help facilitate groups through the front gate, as needed
- Assist with database management when necessary and ensure quality data entry.
- Work with Program Supervisors—providing updated program pricing and guest information to insure smooth operations.
- Assist with Zoo sponsored and education sponsored events.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
- Any other miscellaneous projects or assignments assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Education management team.
- Other duties as assigned by V.P. of Education or other education directors/managers/supervisors.
- Minimum of two years experience with quality data entry
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Exchange) is preferred
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, a windows-based reservations system (proficient use of DoubleKnot preferred)
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills required
- Excellent skills in customer service
- Strong organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Must be able to perform duties in a busy, high-traffic office
* Creativity and enthusiasm
* Strong teamwork and customer satisfaction skills are essential
* Flexible schedule, as some evening, weekend and holiday work required
- Education Level Required: 2 years college preferred
- Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: n/a
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to sit at a desk, view a computer screen and type for extended periods
- Coping with demands (stresses that are associated with the job and/or the work environment) so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained
- Extensive talking to guests on the telephone or in person
- This position is Tuesday through Saturday
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.