Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Security Manager
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Director of Loss Prevention
FLSA Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: The seasonal Security Manager is responsible for the day to day Loss Prevention and Safety operations at Zoo Atlanta. The Security Manager reports directly to the Director of Loss Prevention.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify improvements and make recommendations to the overall safety program at Zoo Atlanta
- Update the emergency procedures manual to comply with AZA guidelines and best practices, ensure that staff are trained and that it is properly posted.
- Manage and schedule the security operating functions and staff, including full time staff, EMT’s and Deputy Sheriffs
- Develop and administer security programs to guard against theft, vandalism, violence, or other threats against the organization or its employees. Recommends protection measures.
- Ensure all necessary shift reports are completed and all security violations/incidents are recorded.
- Provide crowd control within the Zoo during operating hours.
- Conduct intruder and fire alarm testing to ensure proper functioning.
- Assist in forecasting annual budget for security, first aid, parking/traffic, and safety programs.
- Prepare and conduct security officer training
- Investigate cash shortages, missing property and prepares written summaries of investigations.
- Assist officers in conducting rounds and cash escorts.
- Develop/implement/update security post orders for every post on site.
- Interact with public by providing first aid, information, directions, answering questions, explaining policies and procedures, etc.
- Conduct internal investigations relating to sensitive security issues.
- Conduct routine EHS inspections and reviews; assist supervisors with accident, incident and near miss investigations; investigate root causes and ensure corrective actions.
- Collect and analyze injury and accident data; develops and tracks performance measures. Conducts hazard evaluations, develops accident prevention program.
- Work with management and employees in various capacities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and agency policies. Specific programs include (but not limited to): Personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, hazard communication, medical monitoring and record-keeping, industrial hygiene evaluations, bloodborne pathogens, ergonomics, JSA (job safety analyses), lockout/tagout, confined spaces, first aid, hearing protection, fire protection, driver training, laboratory chemical hygiene plan.
- Ensures that the safety committee operates in accordance with its charter; conduct monthly committee meetings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Director of Loss Prevention.
- Law enforcement, military or security experience.
- Special skills and abilities:
- Minimum of three years experience in related field with supervisory responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to handle a multitude of projects at one time.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to conduct both formal and informal training.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
EDUCATION: Requires a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Driving Requirements: Must have a valid GA driver’s license and clear MVR.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather. Employee is expected to work outside more than 50% of time, must be comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions.
- MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment