Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Lead, Admissions and Guest Experience
Reports to: Director, Admissions and Guest Experience
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time, hourly
Job Purpose: To provide a safe, enjoyable, and efficient Admissions experience to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests, supervise Guest Experience Team Members, and ensure guest experience standards are met. Train Admissions cashiers and lead the Admissions team in the absence of Admissions leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily implementation of policies, procedures and protocols to ensure the highest standards of team member and visitor safety through team member training and implementation of safety protocols and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent level of Member and guest satisfaction by ensuring guest experience standards are met or exceeded, including guest recovery
- Complete purchases and handle cash, credit and check purchases securely and accurately, and compile daily end of day accounting paperwork
- Fill in for Admissions and Guest Experience team members when needed or as assigned
- Meet and/or exceed individual and team goals as set by management team
- Demonstrate leadership through example, fully supporting Zoo Atlanta’s strategic plan and working with team members to support the plan
- Actively fosters constructive attitudes and a team orientation among team members plus the ability to appropriately delegate responsibilities
- Approve Guest Services team timecards
- Manage schedule and timekeeping of Guest Services team to ensure sufficient coverage
- Lead interviewing and hiring Guest Services team members under the direction of the Admissions and Guest Experience Director
- Complete a variety of paperwork correctly and with an emphasis on detail
- Inventory management
- Attend mandatory trainings
- Train Admissions and Guest Experience team members, including team members from other departments
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events as needed
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication within the Membership and Guest Services teams as well as with all other Zoo Atlanta staff
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Member and Guest Experience Management Team.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills and the ability to lead a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the willingness to oversee the daily running of the department as needed
- Possess excellent communications skills and willingness to interact positively with guests and zoo staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Hospitality, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in customer service
- Must be able to handle cash and credit card purchases accurately and keep customer information secure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly with a variety of visitors of diverse backgrounds
- Must have a friendly demeanor and be approachable
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel. Experience working with databases desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with Zoo guests
- Focus on strong customer service and quality orientation
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year; therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
Driving Requirements: Valid Driver’s License (Georgia preferred)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Capabilities to bend, stoop, climb and stand for up to 8 hours at a time. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Most work will be outdoors; must have ability to work in all kinds of weather
- Ability to work in and manage crowds
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Smoke-free and
Drug-free Work Environment.