Job Title: Vault Room Teller Department: Vault Room
Reports to: Vault Room Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: Responsible for the efficient processing of all money-cash, coin, checks, and credit cards in the Vault Room. Ensure funds are counted, balanced, receipted, and deposited on a daily basis. Deliver exceptional service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the opening and closing of the office as scheduled.
- Prepares daily deposits for armored pick-up service before required deadlines.
- Distributing cash banks to Rides, Admissions, Gifts, Member Services, and other various departments as needed.
- Ensures change orders are phoned in to the appropriate bank. Verify orders are accurate upon delivery.
- Assists in daily safe counts, and sign daily over/short log form.
- Distribute petty cash to Zoo staff as needed during appropriate times. Ensures information is accurate before distributing i.e., legible signature, department account number, valid receipt with date of purchase within deadline restrictions.
- Distributes and record on spread sheet Gift Shop rental forms, i.e., stroller, wheelchair and Electric Scooter daily for controls. Informs Manager of Inventory on hand.
- Assist in record keeping for Premium and City Pass sales, voids, and vouchers on a daily basis.
- Conduct audits on Admissions, Rides, and Gifts areas; verify tapes for discrepancies.
- Coordinate change orders, and pick-ups during the day with Security Personnel escort.
- Operate coin, currency sorting and counting equipment to process large cash and coin volumes rapidly and accurately.
- Monitor employee access in and around the Vault area.
- Maintain office work confidentially at all times.
- Other duties as assigned or required by Manager.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work accurately and rapidly with numerical data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and follow detailed instructions.
- Flexible availability, including weekends, holidays and evening events.
- Excellent mathematical and organizational skills and a problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (hand writing must be legibly).
- Must be detailed oriented, and able to work in a closed area setting.
- Thorough knowledge of the materials, equipment and procedures used in a typical bank operation.
- Experience with various software programs, Word, Excel.
Education level required for this position:
- Must have 1-2 years cash handling experience in a high volume location. Bank teller experience preferred but not required.
Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds.
This position requires sitting; some reaching; frequent standing and walking; some stooping, kneeling and bending.
Must be physically fit to walk throughout zoo for cashier request during cold and hot weather conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Employee must be comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions and work outside as needed)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.