Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Distribution Clerk
Position Posted: January 2019
Reports to: Distribution Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: The primary responsibility of the Distribution Clerk is to assist with inventory control and timely distribution /delivery of merchandise to other zoo departments.
- Ø Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- * Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
- * Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Distribution management team
- Receive, price date, package, stock, and rotate stock merchandise and food as required.
- Pull approved orders and deliver to appropriate locations
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance duties for the warehouse
- Completion of appropriate receiving documents and other forms
- Verify that merchandise shipment is accurate when received
- Assist with general warehouse security
- Ability to perform simple mathematical equations, read, and write
- Ø Special skills and abilities:
- * Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year, therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
- General warehouse or stock clerk experience is preferred
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ø Certificates/Licenses/Registrations:
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and a good driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 50 lbs
MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment