Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Guest Services Ambassador
Department: Admissions-Guest Experience
Reports to: Guest Experience Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: To provide friendly, informative, and engaging customer service to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests, enhancing the guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively seek out guests to provide fun, engaging, and educational activities
- Answer guest questions and assist in planning their day
- Assist with exit surveys
- Assist with promotion of Membership options to non-Member visitors
- Help resolve guest problems and complaints
- Explain policies and procedures in detail as they relate to Zoo Atlanta guidelines
- Promotes and sells experiences (ie. Treetop Trail, Wild Encounters, Rides Tickets, etc.)
- Record and log guest interactions and activities
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication within the team environment as well as with all other Zoo Atlanta staff
- Attend mandatory trainings; responsible for taking notes and implementing training information into an effective guest engagement tactic
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statements and Common Purpose
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Membership/Marketing Management Team.
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events as needed
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in customer service and/or hospitality
- Must be able to communicate with a variety of visitors of diverse backgrounds
- Must be able to handle cash, credit cards and checks accurately
- Previous cash handling preferred
- Must have a friendly demeanor and be approachable
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel. Experience working with databases desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Focus on strong customer service and quality orientation
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year; therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to bend, stoop, stand, sit and walk for up to 8 hours at a time. Carry a backpack with up to 20 lbs of supplies
- Most work will be outdoors in all kinds of weather; must also have ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to work in and manage crowds
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment.