Job Title: Education Operations Associate
Reports to: Manager of Education Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Education Operations Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Zoo guests virtually and face-to-face. Day to day tasks of the position includes but is not limited to: answering inquiries via the Zoo and Education phone lines, emails as well as from on ground guests; creating and managing reservations (including payment); follow up program participant communication; data management of all education data and forms (both paper and electronic). This position is a key member of the Education Operations Team.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent response and customer service through online, voice and written communication
- Work directly with Admissions to help facilitate groups through the front gate, as needed
- Assist with database management when necessary and ensure quality data entry.
- Facilitate and maintain registration and collection of all supplemental forms and releases
- Generate reports as needed for program marketing, management, as well as other Zoo needs
- Coordinate Zoo Atlanta’s Sponsored Admissions Program & Safari Camp Scholarship Program
- Monitor accounts receivable & report on balances due
- Provide excellent customer service in alignment with Zoo Atlanta’s standards
- Solve all reservations and communication issues with clients, showing exemplary customer service.
- Assist with Zoo sponsored and education sponsored events.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
- Any other miscellaneous projects or assignments assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Education management team.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with quality data entry
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and database programs
- Very strong organizational and editorial skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Access, Exchange) is required
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn a windows-based reservations system (proficient use of DoubleKnot preferred)
- Prior experience in a customer service call center a plus
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills required; familiarity with database systems required
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Sales experience preferred
- Skilled in MS Office
- Excellent skills in customer service and sales
- Excellent editorial skills for communication and detailed work
- Professional dress, appearance, and conduct
* Creativity and enthusiasm
* Strong teamwork and customer satisfaction skills are essential
* Flexible schedule as some evening, weekend and holiday work required
- Education Level Required: Minimum two years college completed
- Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: n/a
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Viewing a computer screen and typing for extended periods
- Coping with demands (stresses that are associated with the job and/or the work environment) so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained
- Extensive communication with guests on the telephone, via email, or in person
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.