Title: Guest Experience Ambassador - Lunch Den
Updated: January 2019
Reports to: Manager of Education Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: The Guest Experience Ambassador - Lunch Den advances the Zoo’s Mission by providing quality customer service to all guests visiting Monday - Friday. Specifically, this individual is responsible for facilitating the storage and retrieval of school and group lunches at the Lunch Den as well as providing guest ambassador services in the front plaza of the Zoo. This is a seasonal part-time position and is scheduled Monday-Friday from March 1st - November 22nd.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The primary duty is to facilitate the storage of lunch containers for schools/groups who visit the Zoo.
- Provide exceptional guest service.
- Maintain cleanliness in the Lunch Den/Flamingo Plaza area and entire Zoo.
- Provide guests with general directions and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the department’s management team.
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Professional dress, appearance, and conduct
- Must have outstanding ability to work with people
- Must enjoy working with children
- Must be available Monday-Friday, from 9am-2pm
Must be able to provide proof of a high school diploma or GED (if not currently enrolled in high school).
Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Will be working outside most of the time.
- Must be comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions.
MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job