Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Manager of Security Operations & Events
Posted: February 2019
Reports to: Director of Security Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Manager of Security Operations & Events is responsible for organizing, scheduling, implementing, supervising & managing security for all events requiring security, Law Enforcement & EMT’s at Zoo Atlanta, supervise Zoo Atlanta Security employees, provide security for employees and guest, and all other assignments as directed by the Director of Security Operations. The Manager reports directly to the Director of Security Operations.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and manage the Security Operations Centers
- Maintain the Security Fleet (Trucks, Shuttle, Golf Carts etc.)
- Supervise and manage traffic flow during normal business hours and at all Zoo Atlanta events.
- Organize, schedule, implement, supervise & manage Security Officers, Law Enforcement & EMT’s for all events requiring security at Zoo Atlanta,
- Coordinate with Contract Security Company to schedule security personnel for zoo events.
- Manage the security operating functions of contract security officers, security operations staff, including full time staff. Prepare and conduct security officer training
- Develop/implement/update security post orders for every post on site.
- Ensure continuous patrols are conducted throughout the facility and parking lots to prevent crimes and protect employees, guests and animal collection.
- Provide crowd control within the Zoo during operating hours.
- Provide crowd control for the Zoo and parking lot areas during operating hours.
- Assist security officers as needed, escort cashiers and other employees to/from venues throughout the park in a conscientious and timely manner.
- Interact with Guests in a courteous manner, providing information and direction, assisting with lost children and injured guests and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain weapons certification.
- Assist in developing and implementing the Emergency Response Program, including developing procedures, providing training, conducting drills, assisting with actual responses, and overseeing post drill reviews.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values statement
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Director of Security Operations.
- Knowledge: Have knowledge in State Law and Security regulations, ability to manage and supervise people. Great communication skills and customer service attitude. Law Enforcement/Security experience.
- Special skills and abilities:
- Minimum of three years experience in related field with supervisory responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to handle a multitude of projects at one time.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and some evenings.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to conduct both formal and informal training.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
EDUCATION: Requires a High School Diploma or the equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Weapons Certification, Georgia Weapons Carry Permit.
- Driving Requirements: Must be able to pass a Motor Vehicle Driving History
- Background Requirements: Must be able to pass a State and National Criminal Background.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather. Employee is expected to work outside more than 50% of time, must be comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions.
MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.