Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Lead Sales Associate
Posted Date: 02/22/19
Reports to: Retail Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: To assist the Managers in the performance of all tasks related to supervising gift operations employees. These responsibilities include implementation of customer service policy, merchandise presentation and inventory control.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Direction of sales associates in maintaining exceedingly high merchandising standards at all times
- Maintain disciplined restocking habits
- Conscientious maintenance of merchandise and selling floor
- Assist with implementation of inventory control procedures
- Insure proper use of Point-of-sale system with emphasis on procedures and accuracy
- Insure stock levels are maintained in all areas
- Process refunds and exchanges
- Must be able to perform key selling behaviors
- Show familiarity with products, product location and pricing
- Develop understanding of items sold with specific product knowledge
- Must be team oriented with the ability to keep products stocked and neat
- Capable of handling cash accurately and efficiently
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays or defined schedule
- Must be able to understand written and oral instructions
- Show the ability to use a computerized inventory system for sales and inventory control
- Education level required for positions: High School Diploma, Degree(s), Advanced Degree(s)
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. and stand for extended periods.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Employee is expected to work outside 50% of the time, must be comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions).
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.