Zoo Atlanta Job Description
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Date: March 2019
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Marketing Specialist is responsible in providing support for all marketing programs and initiatives as assigned. Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, this position will work on a variety of marketing-related tasks including event management, maintaining strategic partnerships, creation and distribution of marketing collateral/content, marketing research, special projects, budget management/reporting, and recruiting and management of the seasonal marketing intern.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships with key Zoo marketing partners including but not limited to media partners, community partners, and partnerships with other cultural institutions.
- Oversee execution of partnership deliverables and various marketing tactics.
- Work with Multimedia team on the development of marketing materials including but not limited to ads, brochures, postcards, posters, flyers, banners, etc. to promote the Zoo’s school, family and public programs as well as other key Zoo initiatives.
- Act as the Zoo Atlanta Marketing Liaison and assist in maintaining the offsite events calendar as well as planning, implementation and evaluation of offsite events.
- Support the coordination, planning and implementation of Education events such as Educator Appreciation Day and Educator Extravaganza, etc.
- Support the development and execution of integrated marketing plans that will drive awareness of and attendance at Zoo Education events, drive awareness of and exceed registration and revenue goals for Zoo programs and exceed overall Zoo attendance goals.
- Oversee the e-newsletter distribution process for the Education department, and provide team with key metrics and insights based on distribution.
- Maintain Education and offsite events’ email lists.
- Maintain and organize project files, communication databases, spreadsheets, and other project resources as required.
- Work with outside research firms as well as internal departments to develop and execute marketing research surveys as well as conduct independent research relevant to marketing, education and group sales initiatives.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Manager and Marketing Department in various special projects as needed included but not limited to groups and sales activities.
- Assist with bids, proposals, and contracts.
- Recruit and manage seasonal marketing intern(s).
- Assist with answering the Zoo Atlanta general phone line.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related fields required
- 2-4 years of marketing experience preferred
- Must have event management experience supervising small to medium events.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook programs
- Familiarization with MailChimp or other survey development platforms
- Extremely organized and able to project manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Passion for high quality work and attention to detail
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent communication/writing skills
- Will be required to work some evenings and weekends
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office Environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.