Zoo Atlanta Job Description
*Please note that the Membership Lead will work a Wednesday - Sunday schedule*
Job Title: Membership Sales Lead
Reports to: Membership Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: To provide friendly, informative customer service to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests, conduct Membership sales, and support other Membership team members. This position is sales-driven with a proficiency in computers, relationship building and customer relationship management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Member Services walk-in, phone-in, on-site and online customers with questions, purchases, and issues
- Clearly and creatively communicate Membership levels, values and benefits
- Complete purchases and handle cash, credit and check purchases securely and accurately, and compile daily transmittal/end of day accounting paperwork
- Meet and/or exceed individual as well as team sales goals each month as set by management team
- Create, maintain, and edit Member records in databases
- Place outbound calls to Members and animal sponsorship donors
- Explain policies and procedures in detail to all guests
- Complete a variety of forms correctly and with an emphasis on detail
- Internet purchase cleaning
- Inventory management
- Assist with training of Seasonal and Part Time staff
- Serve on one Zoo Atlanta committee
- Download and fulfill online Gift Card purchases
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Membership events
- Content management for Zoo Atlanta’s Member loyalty program, Passport to Adventure
- Serve as team lead when management is out of the office
- Mange Zoo Atlanta’s Sponsor an Animal and fulfill program orders
- Participate in all types of Member engagement including but not limited to researching and resolving Membership issues, writing Member thank you notes and making Member thank you calls
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events as needed
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication within the Membership team as well as with all other Zoo Atlanta staff
- Attend mandatory training provided by Membership department; responsible for taking notes and implementing training information into an effective selling tactic
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Plan
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s Membership/Marketing Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or related field required.
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years experience in customer service and sales
- Must be able to handle cash and credit card purchases accurately and keep customer information secure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to communicate with a variety of visitors of diverse backgrounds
- Must have a friendly demeanor and be approachable
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette and problem-solving skills
- Previous data entry experience required
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel. Experience working with databases desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact with Zoo guests
- Focus on strong customer service and quality orientation
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year; therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to work weekends some holidays and evenings.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations - n/a
Driving Requirements: n/a
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to stand, sit and walk for up to 8 hours at a time
- Most work will be indoors; must also have ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Ability to work in crowds and in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment.