Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Loss Prevention Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: The primary responsibility of the Emergency Medical Technician is to provide primary care to Zoo Atlanta staff and guests for first aid, breathing emergencies, animal bites and sudden illnesses. Emergency Medical Technicians will report directly to the Loss Prevention Manager.
- Ø Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide first responder care to employees, guests, contractors, etc.
- Complete medical reports, documenting treatment care and injury or illness.
- Clean First Aid Office to maintain a professional environment.
- Maintain copies of all necessary forms for proper documentation.
- Assist the Loss Prevention Manager in stocking the first aid cabinet.
- Clean wheelchairs at the start of the day to insure guests are not inconvenienced.
- Inventory and clean First Aid Office at the start of the day to insure guests are not inconvenienced.
- Maintain radio contact with dispatch to insure availability.
- Insure that the bio hazard (RED) bag is disposed of properly and routinely
- Interact with public by providing first aid, information, directions, answering questions etc.
- * Assist the Loss Prevention Manager and/or Director of Loss Prevention with special projects aimed at improving first aid care and facilities at Zoo Atlanta.
- Ø Knowledge:
- Current EMT certification
- Minimum of one year experience working in Emergency Medical Services.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures, medical anatomy and physiology
- Ø Special skills and abilities:
- * Must be well organized and able to multi-task seeing multiple patients at once in a fast-paced high-volume environment
- * Documentation skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, guests, vendors and contractors. Ability to use tack and diplomacy appropriate to situation
- Ability to work with staff members at all levels of the organization in a cooperative, team-oriented manner
- Must be able to be mobile and work various positions (standing, sitting, bending, walking) for extended periods of time
- * Ability to participate in initial and ongoing training as required
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ø Certificates/Licenses/Registrations:
- Ø Driving Requirements
- * Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and a good driving record.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 50 lbs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In and out doors required
MISC: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment