Job Title: Maintenance Technician I
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for
the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems, buildings and equipment.
This position will participate in the maintenance, repair, and
replacement of equipment and exhibits.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment
(i.e., HVAC, mechanical, electric, plumbing and other environmental
components) to ensure their proper operation.
- Provide routine scheduled maintenance.
- Create and follow maintenance schedules and checklists with supervisor.
- Assist with installation and repair of equipment and fixtures.
- Monitors condition of equipment and systems.
- Assist with fabrication of new exhibits and/or prototypes.
- Provide scheduled and emergency exhibit maintenance or repair.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to work weekends, late evenings on occasion, and
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Value statement
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Facilities & Construction management team.
- One-three years’ experience in industrial maintenance. Emphasis in
HVAC, mechanical or electrical equipment is a plus.
- General knowledge of plumbing and carpentry repair.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office.
Special skills and abilities:
- Must possess a willingness to help other co-workers with projects.
- Must be flexible and receptive to change.
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year,
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
College degree or graduation from a technical school with degree or
- All employees that drive a company vehicle/equipment must
provide a verified MVR that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s auto
liability insurance carrier’s guidelines to perform this function).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 50+ lbs on a
daily basis. (A pre-employment physical is mandatory for this position).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employee will expect to work
outside 50% of the time, must be comfortable working in cold and hot
MISC: This job description is not intended be
all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform
other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is
mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a
written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free