Job Title: Sales Associate Cashier
Reports to: Retail Store Manager
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: This position performs merchandising
functions in an effort to achieve or exceed sales goals. Job functions
primarily include merchandise sales and customer service; secondary
functions consist of merchandise presentation, stock work and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Associates should maintain a high level of productivity by
tracking sales performance daily and meeting weekly sales goals.
- Associates provide the highest quality of customer service to all
Zoo Atlanta guests by displaying appropriate selling skills,
techniques and professionalism.
- Must be able to perform key selling behaviors
- Must demonstrate familiarity with products, product locations and pricing
- Must develop specific product knowledge of items sold
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to keep products stocked
- Must handle cash accurately and efficiently
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays or other defined schedule
- Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Must have the ability to use a computerized inventory system for
sales and inventory control
Education level required for positions:
High school diploma or current enrollment in high school
Driving Requirements: None
Must be able to lift 35 pounds and stand for extended periods.
(Employee is expected to work outside 50% of the time; must be
comfortable working in cold and hot weather conditions.)
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably
related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other
management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job
duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that
this job description does not constitute a written or implied
contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a
Smoke-free and Drug-free Work Environment.