Job Title: Ropes Course Operator & Rides
Reports to: Rides and Attractions Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Purpose: To provide a safe and enjoyable
experience to Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests on Treetop Trail, Zoo
Train, Endangered Species Carousel, Safari Slide and rock
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the highest level of safety in the
work area through staff training and implementation of safety
protocols and procedures
- Outfit all participants by choosing the correct size harness and
make the needed adjustments to fit their body.
- Conduct participant pre-loading checks according to RCI guidelines
- Properly load and unload participants onto the course according
the RCI guidelines
- Complete transactions securely and accurately, and compile daily
end-of-day accounting paperwork
- Complete a variety of paperwork correctly and with an emphasis on detail
- Assist Lead with inventory management
- Attend mandatory training
- Must be willing to work holidays, weekends and Zoo Atlanta events
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication with all
Zoo Atlanta staff
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Management Team.
- Must also be able to safely and efficiently operate all Tier II
rides & attractions which include the Endangered Species
Carousel, rock wall, Safari Slide, and Zoo Train.
- 18 years or older
- 100% attendance of RCI training session and successful completion
of written and practical tests
- Ability to understand and use a harness properly
- Comfortable being in close proximity to people of all ages and genders
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in customer service
- Previous climbing/high ropes course experience preferred
- Must be able to handle cash and credit card purchases accurately
and keep customer information secure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly with a variety of visitors of
- Must be friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft
Office applications, with particular strength in Word and Excel.
Experience working with databases desired
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Focus on providing an excellent guest experience
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year;
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Possess excellent communications skills and willingness to
interact positively with guests and zoo staff
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations - Successful
completion of RCI training session
(Training will be provided by Zoo Atlanta after hire. Employment
is contingent on successful completion of training courses and
Driving Requirements: Valid Driver’s License in good
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Capabilities to bend, stoop, climb
and stand for up to 8 hours at a time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Ability to insert and remove the puck of the slider assembly into and
out of the overhead track. Ability to wear an RCI approved harness.
Comfortable working up to 30+ feet above the ground.
Completion of HPE (Human Performance Evaluation) required.
- Most work will be outdoors in all kinds of weather; must also have
ability to work in an office environment
- Ability to work in and manage crowds
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore,
the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related
duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as
business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a
Drug-free Work Environment.