Experience and Skills:
- One-three years’ experience in industrial maintenance. Emphasis in
HVAC, mechanical or electrical equipment is a plus.
- General knowledge of plumbing and carpentry repair.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office.
Special skills and abilities:
- Must possess a willingness to help other co-workers with projects.
- Must be flexible and receptive to change.
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year,
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
College degree or graduation from a technical school with degree or
- All employees that drive a company vehicle/equipment must
provide a verified MVR that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s auto
liability insurance carrier’s guidelines to perform this function).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 50+ lbs. on a
daily basis. (A pre-employment physical is mandatory for this position).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Employee will expect to work
outside 50% of the time, must be comfortable working in cold and hot
MISC: This job description is not intended be
all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform
other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is
mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a
written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free