Job Title: Animal Nutrition Tech I
Department: Animal Nutrition
Reports to: Mgr/Diet Prep Ops
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Description: The Animal Nutrition Tech I position reports to
the Manager of Animal Nutrition. This position will assist in the
preparation, delivery, inventory and ordering of all food items
needed for the animal nutrition diet preparation operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Prepare diets for a wide variety of animals
- Deliver diets in a timely manner to keeper areas throughout Zoo grounds
- Produce ordering and inspection upon receipt
- Maintain a clean environment for food preparation
- Receive, unload, and stock dry feed
- Maintain a clean environment for breeder/feeder colonies of live animals
- Deliver and unload hay trucks to animal areas
- Assist with the bamboo harvesting operation as needed
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the management team
- Experience in an animal diet kitchen or other food preparation
operation is a plus.
- Must be able to work around hay; live and deceased rodents and
other animals; live and deceased insects; pine bedding; and bamboo
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a team and
independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year;
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work some weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and/or push 50 pounds.
- Must have excellent oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably
related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other
management. The company reserves the right to revise or change job
duties as business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that
this job description does not constitute a written or implied
contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an EOE and provides a Smoke-free and Drug-free