Department or Section: Public Events
Reports to: Public Events Manager
Position Classification: Event Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time
General Description: The Event Coordinator shall be responsible for
planning, organizing and controlling events within Zoo Atlanta as
assigned and shall monitor the logistical interfacing of these events,
to include but not limited to: preparing event notices, preparing
drawings of event areas, coordination of equipment distribution, event
billing, monitoring events and such other functions and duties as
required by the Public Events Manager.
The Public Events team at Zoo Atlanta plans and executes Zoo-hosted
events. These events range from mission driven family and animal
related events to after-hours events for adults. Simply put, crayons
Typical Work Routine Includes But Not Limited To:
- Work to coordinate the successful execution of all events.
- Assistance with conceptualizing, researching, and implementing new
ideas for current events, and potential new events.
- Determine event requirements based on event information, research
on previously held events at ZA and similar events held at other properties.
- Participate in conference calls, site visits, planning and pre-
and post-event meetings with staff and vendors.
- Function as liaison between volunteers, vendors, business
partners, and staff to facilitate service delivery.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Establish and maintain an accurate inventory of all departmental supplies.
- Notify management of equipment and facilities in need of repair or
replacement, or supplies requiring replenishment.
Coordinate event details and specifications with internal
staff, business partners, and other service providers.
- Assist in preparing detailed event notices, food and beverage
requests, diagrams, and other instructive documents with clear,
concise and accurate event information. Contact vendors for quotes
on equipment, services, etc. Communicate and verify vendor
understanding and acknowledgement of company guidelines, policies,
and load-in information.
- Research, contact, and secure exhibitors for relevant events.
- Communicate and coordinate event specifics with all applicable
departments, staff, vendors, and business partners.
- Monitor equipment distribution, including tables, chairs,
stanchion, A/V equipment, etc.-to ensure accurate inventory levels
for events and activities.
- Maintain detailed, organized files and records of assigned events
Deliver high quality customer service:
- Use correct radio etiquette to respond to requests and radio calls
in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist co-workers with completion of duties to insure successful events.
- Provide on-site guest assistance during all aspects of every event.
- Utilize professional communication skills-verbal and written to
interact with others.
Safety and Security:
- Knowledgeable of policies regarding safe working procedures and
conditions on the premises of and will be responsible for practicing
- Correct or report safety hazards.
- Understand and acknowledges best practices for evacuation and
- Lift moderate amounts of weight up to 50 lbs.
- Extensive walking, stooping, bending, kneeling and reaching to
perform routine duties throughout the property and grounds.
- Able to work in outdoors in elements, walk, and stand for up to
eight (8) hours.
- Follow company uniform, dress code, maintain a clean, orderly
personal workspace, and appearance.
- Complete and submit required payroll information, leave requests,
and related documentation in a timely manner.
- Position requires irregular work schedules which will include
weekends, evenings, and possibly holidays.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing effectively with unscheduled
events/changed priorities and/or information.
- Adjust priorities and respond with a sense of urgency to matters
of importance. Keep management promptly and fully informed of any
situation that requires immediate management attention.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient
manner in accordance with policies and procedures to achieve the
overall objectives of this position.
- Support the mission, vision and objectives of Zoo Atlanta and
follow company policies and procedures. Support and implement
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the
Public Events Manager.