Job Title: Security Rover - Overnight
Department: Loss Prevention
Manager of Security Operations
Job Purpose: Under the supervision of the Security
Manager, this position will complete day to day work assignments to
include but not limited to patrolling Zoo Atlanta grounds. The Rovers
are essential operating position(s) and as such, may be required to
remain on and/or report for duty during declared emergencies or when
necessary to support operational needs. Declared emergencies will be
defined by the Director of Security and Safety or appropriate manager.
In addition, Rovers must be capable and willing to serve as a member
of Zoo Atlanta’s Specialized Emergency Response Team (S.E.R.T.).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In the absence of security supervision, communicate and work with
- Assume overall responsibility for the safety and security of Zoo Atlanta
- Patrol Zoo Atlanta in accordance with security procedures
- Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations
- Report safety concerns, security breaches, fire hazards, water
leaks and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Write detailed narrative reports
- Investigate reported accidents, crimes, etc. by interviewing and
obtaining statements of victims, witnesses, suspects and concerned parties
- Perform rescue functions at emergencies, administering emergency
medical aid and interacts with E.M.T. teams, fire personnel, and law enforcement.
- Operate security vehicle as needed
- Assist in inventory or inspection procedures as directed
- Monitor security radio channels and communicate effectively and coherently
- Attend meetings, seminars, and training sessions as required
- Maintain high visibility by patrolling
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies
- Provide timely notification of serious events and incidents to the
- Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Become familiar with daily Security Operations Center in order to
assist with relief when needed
- Reinforce security procedures, and safety policies
- Represent Zoo Atlanta in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be familiar and proficient with the Emergency Procedure Manual.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Emergency Notification List.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Zoo Atlanta Policies.
- Review pass-on information and update staff as needed.
- Check Special Events Board and review daily for appropriate
staffing and correctness.
- Miscellaneous duties, functions, special projects as assigned by
- Complete all other duties as assigned by security management staff.
- Must be able to communicate with employees and guests proficiently
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Computer experience
- Be familiar with Microsoft software.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Flexible availability, including weekend, evening, and holiday
hours, and rotating shifts.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and a good MVR.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Possess excellent verbal skills and communicate with the public
daily in a professional manner
- Ability to sit and monitor CCTV systems for long periods of time
Education and experience level required for positions:
- High School Diploma. Advanced Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in customer service, hospitality
- 1 year experience as a dispatcher, Rover or other similar environment.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Must possess a
valid Georgia Driver’s License that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s
auto liability insurance carrier guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Be able to sit, stand and walk for
extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (
Employee must be comfortable working outside for extended periods.)
MISC: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform
other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is
mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a
written or implied contract of employment.
800 Cherokee Avenue SE
, GA 30315
Fax # 404-624-5943
An Equal Opportunity Employer