Job Title: Security Operations Center Operator I
Department: Loss Prevention
Manager of Security Operations
Job Purpose: Under the supervision of the Security
Manager complete day to day work assignments to include but not
limited to the Security Operations Center (SOC). The SOC Operator I is
responsible for monitoring a variety of technologies including access
control, video surveillance, and alarm systems used for the protection
of lives and Zoo Atlanta property. SOC Operators are essential
operating position(s) and as such, may be required to remain on and/or
report for duty during declared emergencies or when necessary to
support operational needs. Declared emergencies will be defined by the
Director Security Operations or appropriate manager. In addition, SOC
operators must be capable and willing to serve as a member of Zoo
Atlanta’s Specialized Emergency Response Team (S.E.R.T.).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In the absence of department managers, acts as liaison between
local law enforcement agencies.
- Answers and dispatches Zoo radio and phone to calls promptly and effectively.
- Acts as a point of contact for visitors, guests, contractors,
service providers, etc.
- Prepare incident reports, obtain written or oral statements.
- Logs all security related services and activities on the
"Daily Security Dispatcher’s Log" to provide a written
record for future inquiries.
- Dispatch officers to calls for service
- Dispatch during emergency incidents.
- Maintains facility key control box, inventorying daily and
reporting discrepancies as required to management.
- Maintains facility lost and found articles by logging lost items
in and out to ensure integrity of the procedure.
- Familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Enforces all safety policies and procedures.
- Monitors CCTV and Nest Cam systems, to include Zoo, entrances,
exits, public walkways, playgrounds event spaces and service gates.
- Notifies appropriate management representative regarding
inquiries, complaints and discrepancies with purchases or memberships.
- Ensures that cashier and other employee escorts are dispatched in
a timely manner.
- Ensure availability and documentation of all necessary shift
reports; i.e. incident and violation Reports, work orders, and
- Interacts with Zoo visitors and guests in a courteous manner,
providing information and directions, assisting with lost children
and injured guests, while ensuring compliance with Zoo’s policies.
- Represents Zoo Atlanta in a professional and courteous manner.
- Any other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- Be familiar and proficient with the Emergency Procedure Manual.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Emergency Notification List.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Zoo Atlanta Policies.
- Review pass-on information and update staff as needed.
- Responsible for inventory of all keys and two-way radios.
- Check Special Events Board and review daily for appropriate
staffing and correctness.
- Review and ensure security communications are updated and
communicated to staff.
- Miscellaneous duties, functions, special projects as assigned by
- Complete all other duties as assigned by security management staff.
- Must be able to communicate with employees and guests proficiently
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Computer experience
- Be familiar with word processing software.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Flexible availability, including weekend, evening, and holiday
hours, and rotating shifts.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and a good MVR.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Possess excellent verbal skills and communicate with the public
daily in a professional manner
- Flexible availability, including weekend, evening, and holiday hours
- Ability to sit and monitor CCTV systems for long periods of time
Education and experience level required for positions:
- High School Diploma. Advanced Degree preferred but not required.
- Experience in customer service, hospitality, customer service.
- 2 year experience as a dispatcher or other similar environment.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Must possess a
valid Georgia Driver’s License that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s
auto liability insurance carrier guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Be able to sit for extended periods
of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Employee must be comfortable working in enclosed office while
sitting for extended periods.
MISC: This job description is not intended to be
all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be required to perform
other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor or other management. The company reserves the right to
revise or change job duties as business requirements dictate. It is
mutually agreed that this job description does not constitute a
written or implied contract of employment.
800 Cherokee Avenue SE
, GA 30315
Fax # 404-624-5943
An Equal Opportunity Employer