Experience and Skills:
- 18 years or older
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details in a
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft
Office applications, with strength in Word and Excel.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess excellent communications skills and willingness to
interact positively with guests and zoo staff of diverse backgrounds
Valid Driver’s License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Capabilities to bend, stoop, climb
and stand for up to 8 hours at a time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. If
working the ropes course must have the ability to wear an RCI approved
harness and must be comfortable working up to 30’+ above the ground.
- Most work will be outdoors; Must also have ability to work in an
- Ability to work in and manage the flow of guests.
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year;
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Perks of the position:
As part of the Zoo Atlanta family, you will enjoy a fun fast
paced environment and great teammates as well as:
FREE park admission
Discounted Park membership and park tickets for family and friends
Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore,
the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related
duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as
business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a
Drug-free Work Environment.