Experience and Skills:
- 18 years or older
- Must be able to handle cash, credit cards and checks accurately.
- Must have at least 1 - 2 years’ experience in customer service.
Previous cashier work preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with a variety of visitors of
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable.
- Must be able to make change and perform simple arithmetic
calculations with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Typing skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task and pay close attention to details.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to keep records of coupons and other
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Microsoft
Office applications, with strength in Word and Excel. Experience
working with databases desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Focus on providing an excellent guest experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment.
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year;
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work some weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Possess excellent communications skills and willingness to
interact positively with Members, guests, and Zoo team member.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
Some lifting, bending, standing, and sitting will be part of the daily routine.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather as well as
in an office environment.
- Ability to work in and manage crowds.
- Ability to work with children of all ages.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore,
the employee may be required to perform other reasonably related
duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management.
The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as
business requirements dictate. It is mutually agreed that this job
description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Zoo Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a
Drug-free Work Environment.