Job Title: Maintenance Technician III - Electrician
Department: Facility Maintenance
Reports to: Manager of Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Maintenance Technician III is
responsible for the maintenance, installation and repair of electrical
equipment, electrical systems and electronic control systems. He/she
performs electrical support, maintenance and repair of exhibits,
equipment and facilities. This position will also at times be
responsible for projects including new exhibit and capital
improvements for the Zoo.
This position will frequently interface with other Zoo Atlanta
management staff including animal curatorial staff, veterinarians, and
at times, senior management staff regarding safety issues, animal
habitat issues, as well as infrastructure and equipment adjustments
and needed repairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide preventative maintenance and repair of all electrical
equipment to ensure their proper operation.
- Provide routine scheduled maintenance.
- Create and follow maintenance schedules and checklists with supervisor.
- Installation of new fixtures, outlets and circuits.
- Assist with planning future needs of electrical infrastructure.
- Help prepare budget for equipment replacement.
- Monitors condition of equipment and systems.
- Provide scheduled and emergency exhibit maintenance or repair.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to work weekends, late evenings on occasion, and holidays.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient
manner to maintain safe work environment and surrounding area.
Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe
conditions by taking corrective action, and promptly notifying
- Assists the Maintenance Managers in oversight of the preventative
maintenance software package. Assist to ensure all work orders are
documented, prioritized, equipment maintenance is scheduled,
performed, documented and communicated in a quality and timely manner.
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Facility Maintenance management team.