Job Title: Primate Keeper
Reports to: Lead Keepers and Associate Curator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: Zoo Atlanta houses a diverse collection
of primates including one of the largest zoological collections of
apes in the country. We are seeking an experienced keeper to add to
our team. Animal keepers are responsible for animal husbandry
(including training and enrichment) and maintenance of habitats,
holding and public areas of the assigned department.
- Maintain a high-performance level of general keeper duties,
including excellent animal care and visitor interactions including
scheduled on-ground talks to our guests.
- Maintain the highest level of safety in the work area through
implementation of safety protocols and procedures.
- Actively support and implement area policies, procedures, and
protocols to ensure the highest standards of care for the collection
and the safety of staff and visitors
- Participate in and support collaborative efforts pertaining to the
care of the collection including training, enrichment, research, and education
- Actively foster constructive attitudes and a team orientation
- Communicates effectively with supervisory staff and co-workers
- Support the mission, vision and values of Zoo Atlanta and its departments.
- Willingness to be cross trained or swing in other primate areas
- Promotes communication and information sharing between units
- Oversee activities of interns and volunteers
- When possible, actively participate in workshops, seminars,
activities, and conferences aimed at continually improving job
knowledge and professional development.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive;
therefore, the employee may be required to perform other reasonably
related duties as assigned by management