Title: School and Family Daytime Educator I
Posted: November 2021
Job Status: Part-time
Primary Reporting to: School and Family Programs Supervisors
Secondary Reporting to: Manager of School and Family Programs
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Purpose: A Daytime Educator I advances the
mission of Zoo Atlanta by creating experiences that engage, educate
and energize program participants to action. These individuals teach
day programs both at the Zoo and in the community. Specifically, they
facilitate learning for groups of all ages using interactive,
STEM-based curriculum that showcases Zoo Atlanta’s work to conserve
wildlife and wild places; how to protect our environment; and how
every person can make a difference in these areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality programming as part of all Zoo Atlanta’s
daytime educational experiences. Programming includes but is not
limited to: Field Trip programs, ZooMobiles, Scout Programs,
Professional Learning programs, Home School Academy, Safari Camp,
Special Events, and Tours.
- Willingness to cross train on additional Education programs such
as NightCrawler, Twilight Trek, and Adventure Cubs.
- Commitment to learn and master all content and skills needed to
provide quality programming to Zoo program participants and guests.
- Be able to provide excellent customer service to all zoo guests,
including parents, teachers, chaperones, students, etc.
- Preparation and breakdown of program materials.
- Report program needs to supervisor as necessary.
- Know and follow all emergency procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a positive and encouraging attitude to co-workers and guests.
- Assist with and/or lead on-grounds programming and projects as needed.
- Must attend all Zoo Atlanta mandatory training (i.e. customer
service training) as well as Team meetings and workshops
- Completion of various additional duties as assigned.