Job Title: Exhibit Interpreter II
Reports to: Interpretive Programs Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Part-time
Job Purpose: The Public Programs team advances Zoo
Atlanta’s mission by providing
engaging experiences that connect our guests to our conservation and
research initiatives, our animal ambassadors, and wildlife and wild
places, through effective interpretation. We
empower and inspire guests to take conservation actions to create a
better world in which
wildlife and humans can flourish together. As a part of the Public
Programs Team, the Exhibit Interpreter II position is primarily
responsible for conducting informal interpretation and
interpretive programs onsite, and facilitating the Giraffe Feeding
experience for guests. This position directly reports to the
Interpretive Programs Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively engage guests in interpretive, educational
experiences, including informal interpretation, theater stage
presentations, interactive Conservation Carts, storybook readings,
and other activities.
- Raise awareness of conservation issues and empower a diverse
audience of guests to take action, through interpretation.
- Perform formal presentations to large crowds using a microphone.
- Move large groups of guests through various animal habitat viewing
areas by leading and providing crowd control for up to 60 guests at
- Manage cash and credit card transactions with Zoo guests at Twiga
Terrace, Zoo Atlanta’s Giraffe Feeding area.
- Facilitate the Giraffe Feeding program and provide an enjoyable
experience that includes interpretation and safe interactions
between animals and guests.
- Provide excellent guest service at animal habitats to ensure a
positive viewing experience for everyone.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with staff,
volunteers, and guests.
- Commitment to learn and master all content and skills needed to
provide quality interpretation and programming to Zoo guests,
including review and staying up to date on relevant Zoo information
through correct, current, and approved sources.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of educational
materials as needed.
- Must attend all Zoo Atlanta mandatory training (i.e. customer
service training) as well as team meetings and workshops.
- Assist with Zoo sponsored events, sometimes in early morning or
- Any other miscellaneous projects assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s
Education management team.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year,
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work weekends, holidays, and evenings.