Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: The Maintenance Technician is
responsible for the maintenance and repair of Aquatic Life Support
systems, HVAC systems, buildings, animal habitats, and other
equipment. He/she participates in the maintenance, repair, and
replacement of equipment and exhibits This position will also at times
be responsible for projects including new exhibit and capital
improvements for the Zoo.
This position will frequently interface with other Zoo Atlanta
management staff including animal curatorial staff, veterinarians, and
at times, senior management staff regarding safety issues, animal
habitat issues, as well as infrastructure and equipment adjustments
and needed repairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment
(i.e., HVAC, mechanical, electric, plumbing and other environmental
components) to ensure their proper operation.
- Provide routine scheduled maintenance.
- Create and follow maintenance schedules and checklists with supervisor.
- Assist with installation and repair of equipment and fixtures.
- Help prepare budget for equipment replacement.
- Monitors condition of equipment and systems.
- Assist with fabrication of new exhibits and/or prototypes.
- Provide scheduled and emergency exhibit maintenance or repair.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to work weekends, late evenings on occasion, and holidays.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Value statement.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Facilities & Construction management team.