Job Title: Exhibit Interpreter III
Reports to: Animal Immersion Programs Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Status: Part-time
Job Purpose: The Public Programs team advances Zoo
Atlanta’s mission by providing engaging experiences that connect our
guests to our conservation and research initiatives, our animal
ambassadors, and wildlife and wild places, through effective
interpretation. We empower and inspire guests to take conservation
actions to create a better world in which wildlife and humans can
flourish together. As a part of the Public Programs Team, the Exhibit
Interpreter III position is primarily responsible for facilitating all
Animal Immersion Programs, the Giraffe Feeding experience, and
conducting informal interpretation and programs Onsite. This position
directly reports to the Animal Immersion Programs Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively engage guests in interpretive, educational
experiences, including informal interpretation, theater stage
presentations, interactive Conservation Carts, storybook readings,
Wild Encounters, Keeper for a Day, and Giraffe Feeding.
- Raise awareness of conservation issues and empower a diverse
audience of guests to take action, through interpretation.
- Perform formal presentations to large crowds using a microphone.
- Move large groups of guests through various animal habitat viewing
areas by leading and providing crowd control for up to 60 guests at
- Manage cash and credit card transactions with Zoo guests at Twiga
Terrace, Zoo Atlanta’s Giraffe Feeding area.
- Facilitate all Animal Immersion Programs and provide an enjoyable
experience that includes interpretation and safe interactions
between animals and guests.
- Provide animal ambassador experiences, when appropriate, as part
of programming. This includes ensuring the safety of all guests and
animals during experiences.
- Must complete and maintain animal ambassador handling status, per
Zoo Atlanta animal ambassador handling policies.
- Provide excellent guest service at animal habitats to ensure a
positive viewing experience for everyone.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with staff,
volunteers, and guests.
- Commitment to learn and master all content and skills needed to
provide quality interpretation and programming to Zoo guests,
including review and staying up to date on relevant Zoo information
through correct, current, and approved sources.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of educational
materials as needed.
- Must attend all Zoo Atlanta mandatory training (i.e., customer
service training) as well as team meetings and workshops.
- Assist with Zoo sponsored events, sometimes in the early morning
or evening hours.
- Any other miscellaneous projects assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s
Education management team.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Zoo Atlanta is open to the public 363 days out of the year,
therefore, all positions at Zoo Atlanta may require employees to
work weekends, holidays, and evenings.