Job Title: Prospect Research & Donor Database Manager
Reports to: VP/CAO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Job Purpose: To effectively manage the Advancement
team’s donor database (Raiser’s Edge) through the implementation of
gift processing policies and procedures, practices to promote/ensure
the integrity of the database, and oversight of data entry and gift
acknowledgments working in collaboration with the Advancement
Coordinator and the Finance and IT teams. To research, identify,
qualify, engage, steward and evaluate relationships with current and
prospective donors of Zoo Atlanta, to include individuals,
foundations, corporations and government agencies. These activities
will occur through personal research and investigation, collection and
oversight of data, organization of evaluation meetings and activities,
and effective oversight and coordination of the prospect management
function. This position will also manage periodic seasonal interns and
assist with the coordination of donor events, stewardship programs and
activities, and donor mailings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain standards for the Raiser’s Edge database;
establish and implement manual control system to ensure data
integrity; and create and maintain written procedures for all data
input and retrieval systems.
- Oversee the Advancement Office Raiser’s Edge database to ensure effective:
- Data entry, corrections, reporting and management;
- Oversight for conversions and connectivity with related software
- Interaction with product support and Zoo IT team to manage
and/or rectify any software problems or issues for the department;
- Identification of system areas needing upgrades and additions; and
- Training of Advancement team in program and software operations
needed for performance of their duties.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and effective prospect
management and research system to ensure that both current and
potential investors are identified and qualified.
- Conduct research proactively and upon request to match individual,
foundation, corporate and government funding sources with Zoo
programs and projects; communicate with Zoo teams to stay informed
- Prepare profiles, research reports and call planning documents for
use by the President/CEO and Advancement team.
- Work closely with Advancement team to ensure accuracy and
consistency of donor and prospect information in the Raiser’s Edge
database, to include effective use of Actions and Prospect tab as
part of prospect management system.
- Design, manage and develop financial, analytical and special
reports in order to provide effective information to various
constituents—both internal and external.
- Build and update donation and event registration web pages, and
create and send emails with NetCommunity Spark.
- Assist with processing of monthly upper-level member renewal mailings.
- Any other miscellaneous projects/tasks assigned by Zoo Atlanta’s VP/CAO.
- Work with Advancement team to effectively identify subgroups,
establish procedures for segmenting constituents for appeals,
reporting, solicitations, recognition, etc. and provide lists as needed.
- Coordinate efforts with the Advancement Coordinator to ensure
appropriate and accurate data entry; timely issuance of all gift
acknowledgments and recognition materials; and useful and
user-friendly metrics, reports and donor information.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of donor
events and opportunities, including annual gala Beastly Feast.