Zoo Atlanta lives by the phrase, "a fun place to work and
play," and is unique among workplaces in that our heart and soul
is the daily care of more than 1,000 animals from around the world.
Where else in the city can you go to work alongside giant pandas,
gorillas, elephants, and many more? Our mission sets us apart, and
every day at Zoo Atlanta is an opportunity for discovery, a chance to
contribute to conservation, and a way to make a difference in the
lives of the people of our community
Job Perks (Seasonal and Part-Time):
As a Visitor Services team member, you will enjoy a fun fast paced
environment and great teammates as well as:
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b)
- Employee Assistance Program
- FREE park admission for family and friends
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
- 50% off Zoo Atlanta memberships. Gift up to 5 others with 50% off
- Park discounts on food, gift shop merchandise, etc.
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions, such
as the Georgia Aquarium, Dollywood, and more!
Job Title: Guest Services Agent
Department: Admissions-Guest Services
Reports to: Supervisor, Admissions
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal
Salary: Pay starts at $12.00 per hour
Job Purpose: To provide an outstanding guest
experience in the Admissions areas. Responsible for collection of
admissions fees and donations, answer guest questions and provide
recommendations, distribution of maps and other promotional materials,
Membership sales, queue line management, and admission of Members and
eTicket holders. The starting pay for this position is $12.00 per hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets all guests with a cheerful and helpful attitude, answers
questions, and provides accurate information.
- Operates a computer terminal/processes Admissions transactions.
- Issues receipts and makes change.
- Balances and clears terminal and counts all fees received for the day.
- Keeps workstation and surrounding area clean throughout the day.
The ticket booth is to be cleaned and restocked at the end of the
shift. Cleaning the booth will include but is not limited to
emptying trash, cleaning the windows and counters, and
sweeping/mopping the floor.
- Reports to Security all suspicious-looking individuals trying to
enter Zoo grounds.
- Must be aware that balloons, roller blades, roller skates, bikes,
skateboards, glass items, straws and lids are not permitted on Zoo
grounds. Enforce rules.
- May occasionally be assigned to assist in other operational
departments such as Rides and Attractions, Membership and/or Guest Services.
- Assist in other locations Queue line, Advance guest entry, Rides
cashier, Treetop Trail cashier, and Scaly Slimy.