Zoo Atlanta lives by the phrase, "a fun place to work and
play," and is unique among workplaces in that our heart and soul
is the daily care of more than 1,000 animals from around the world.
Where else in the city can you go to work alongside giant pandas,
gorillas, elephants, and many more? Our mission sets us apart, and
every day at Zoo Atlanta is an opportunity for discovery, a chance to
contribute to conservation, and a way to make a difference in the
lives of the people of our community
Job Perks (Seasonal and Part-Time):
As an Education Operations team member, you will enjoy a fun fast
paced environment and great teammates as well as:
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b)
- Employee Assistance Program
- FREE park admission for family and friends
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
- 50% off Zoo Atlanta memberships. Gift up to 5 others with 50% off
- Park discounts on food, gift shop merchandise, etc.
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions, such
as the Georgia Aquarium, Dollywood, and more!
Job Title: Education Operations Assistant
Reports to: Manager of Education Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part-time
The Education Operations Assistant supports the Manager of Education
Operations and Education Operations Coordinator in providing efficient
and professional customer service to all Education program
participants. The position is the first line of communication for
education and assist in coordinating all education program reservation
details and logistics with customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs general customer service and administrative duties:
receives and responds to inquiries, concerns and complaints
regarding programs, policies and/or personnel; attends meetings;
assists customers; answers the telephone; prepares reports and
correspondence; enters computer data, etc.
- Supports processing incoming school program requests.
- Provides support to guests registering online for all Education Programs.
- Communicates with program supervisors, other employees, and other
individuals as needed to coordinate program details or resolve problems.
- Assists in sending post-program surveys to all program participants.
- Assists with acquiring and filing all digital program liability waivers.
- Work directly with Admissions to help facilitate groups through
the front gate, as needed
- Assist with database management when necessary and ensure quality
- Generate reports as needed for program marketing, management, as
well as other Zoo needs
- Assist with education events.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Any other miscellaneous projects or assignments assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Education management team.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professionalism: sound judgment, ability to interact with all
levels of staff and volunteers
- Customer service attitude and skills: team player attitude,
commitment, patience, enthusiasm, creativity, listening,
comprehension, initiative, cooperation, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
- Other duties as assigned by V.P. of Education or other education directors/managers/supervisors.