Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Reports to: Director of Occupational Health & Safety
Job Status: Part-time
The primary responsibility of the Emergency Medical Technician is to
provide primary care to Zoo Atlanta staff and guests for first aid,
breathing emergencies, animal bites, and sudden illnesses. Emergency
Medical Technicians will report directly to the Director of
Occupational Health and Safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and provide intervention and first aid services within
your scope of practice to employees, guests, contractors, etc.
- Interact with guests by providing first aid, information,
directions, answering questions, etc. in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Maintain consistent radio contact with dispatch to ensure quick response.
- Document and maintain accurate, detailed records related to
interactions and treatment provided.
- Maintain a clean work area and follow disinfection protocols.
- Assist with inspections of medical supplies, first aid kits, AEDs,
and other emergency equipment as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Occupational Health and Safety with special
projects aimed at improving first aid care and safety at Zoo Atlanta.
- Must be dependable and willing to work flexible hours, weekends,
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignments assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Management Team.