Job Title: Desktop Support Technician
Job Status: Full Time
Reports to: Sr. Director, Information Technology
Who we are: Located just minutes from downtown, Zoo
Atlanta is the oldest and one of the most respected cultural
destinations in the Southeast’s largest and most vibrant city.
Culture, dining, nightlife, and famously eclectic neighborhoods, not
to mention a temperate climate year-round, attract a growing number of
newcomers to the one-and-only Atlanta.
As an organization, Zoo Atlanta’s points of pride include being one
of only three zoos in the U.S. to house giant pandas; home of one of
North America’s largest populations of great apes; and a longtime
reputation for excellence in the care and study of reptiles and
amphibians. Our mission sets us apart, and every day at Zoo Atlanta is
an opportunity for discovery, a chance to contribute to conservation,
and a way to make a difference in the lives of the people of our community.
What we offer: As a workplace, Zoo Atlanta is very
proud of a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a competitive
compensation and benefits package. Benefits include but are not
limited to outstanding medical coverage and 403b retirement program
match; vacation time buy and sell; professional development training;
paid time off for community volunteering; and more.
Perks for this full-time position include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and other supplemental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b) with employer match after 12 months
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick and personal days plus holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee short term and long-term disability insurance paid for by
- Opportunities for professional development paid for by Zoo Atlanta
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions
- Complimentary family Zoo membership
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
Who you are: Primary responsibilities are installing,
supporting, and maintaining Zoo Atlanta computer systems. This
includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading
all Zoo Atlanta hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal
workstation performance. Provide end-user assistance to help to solve
user reported problems by troubleshooting problems areas (in person,
by telephone, or via work order) in a timely fashion.
How to apply: Please apply directly on the Zoo Atlanta Careers website at www.zooatlanta.org/careers
- Prompt response to customer support requests, providing technical
assistance and active engagement within the support ticketing system.
- Support users on IT supplied systems and solutions including but
not limited to Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Gateway Galaxy,
Adobe Creative Cloud, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge.
- Adheres to response guidelines and monitors ticket queues.
- Working knowledge of networking tools and concepts: LAN, WAN, VPN,
Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VLANs, 802.11 wireless, TCP/IP, DNS
- Performs laptop/desktop and software installations in accordance
with corporate standards - responsible for hardware installs,
documentation, user training, and other general helpdesk functions.
- Install, Maintain, Repair printing systems including: Standard
Network Multifunction Printers (MFP), Ticket (Boca) Membership
(Evolis), Point of Sales (Epson).
- Install, configure and support Mitel VoIP phone handsets,
conference phones, etc.
- Responsible for moving computers when needed, maintaining fixed
asset records for new, retiring or moved computers, maintaining
equipment inventory, and performing hardware and software audits.
- Assist with support and rollout of IT projects which may include
equipment upgrades, software upgrades, system upgrades, systems
hardening, cyber security and other projects as required.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Update user information and applications assigned as staff changes
require using Active Directory.