Zoo Atlanta lives by the phrase, "a fun place to work and
play," and is unique among workplaces in that our heart and soul
is the daily care of more than 1,000 animals from around the world.
Where else in the city can you go to work alongside giant pandas,
gorillas, elephants, and many more? Our mission sets us apart, and
every day at Zoo Atlanta is an opportunity for discovery, a chance to
contribute to conservation, and a way to make a difference in the
lives of the people of our community
Job Perks (Seasonal and Part-Time):
As a part-time Safety team member, you will enjoy a fun fast paced
environment and great teammates as well as:
- Flexible schedule
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b)
- Employee Assistance Program
- FREE park admission for family and friends
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
- 50% off Zoo Atlanta memberships. Gift up to 5 others with 50% off
- Park discounts on food, gift shop merchandise, etc.
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions, such
as the Georgia Aquarium, Dollywood, and more!
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Reports to: Director of Occupational Health & Safety
Job Status: Part-time, hourly
Salary: $20.00 per hour
The primary responsibility of the Emergency Medical Technician is to
provide primary care to Zoo Atlanta staff and guests for first aid,
breathing emergencies, animal bites, and sudden illnesses. Emergency
Medical Technicians will report directly to the Director of
Occupational Health and Safety.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and provide intervention and first aid services within
your scope of practice to employees, guests, contractors, etc.
- Interact with guests by providing first aid, information,
directions, answering questions, etc. in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Maintain consistent radio contact with dispatch to ensure quick response.
- Document and maintain accurate, detailed records related to
interactions and treatment provided.
- Maintain a clean work area and follow disinfection protocols.
- Assist with inspections of medical supplies, first aid kits, AEDs,
and other emergency equipment as assigned.
- Assist the Director of Occupational Health and Safety with special
projects aimed at improving first aid care and safety at Zoo Atlanta.
- Must be dependable and willing to work flexible hours, weekends,
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignments assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Management Team.