Job Title: Security Supervisor
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Security Manager
Job Status: Full-time
Schedule: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and
Monday (Core Hours 9am- 5pm)
Who we are: Located just minutes from downtown, Zoo
Atlanta is the oldest and one of the most respected cultural
destinations in the Southeast’s largest and most vibrant city.
Culture, dining, nightlife, and famously eclectic neighborhoods, not
to mention a temperate climate year-round, attract a growing number of
newcomers to the one-and-only Atlanta.
As an organization, Zoo Atlanta’s points of pride include being one
of only three zoos in the U.S. to house giant pandas; home of one of
North America’s largest populations of great apes; and a longtime
reputation for excellence in the care and study of reptiles and
amphibians. Our mission sets us apart, and every day at Zoo Atlanta is
an opportunity for discovery, a chance to contribute to conservation,
and a way to make a difference in the lives of the people of our community.
What we offer: As a workplace, Zoo Atlanta is very
proud of a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a competitive
compensation and benefits package. Benefits include but are not
limited to outstanding medical coverage and 403b retirement program
match; vacation time buy and sell; professional development training;
paid time off for community volunteering; and more.
Perks for this full-time position include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and other supplemental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b) with employer match after 12 months
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick and personal days plus holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee short term and long-term disability insurance paid for by
- Opportunities for professional development paid for by Zoo Atlanta
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions
- Complimentary family Zoo membership
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
Who you are
: Under the supervision of the Security Manager, the
Security Supervisor carries out supervisory duties that can include
some or all of the following: interviewing, orienting and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems; and making hiring and
termination recommendations. Security supervisor will manage shifts in
the absence of a security manager. This position is an essential
operating position(s) and as such, may be required to remain on and/or
report for duty during declared emergencies or when necessary to
support operational needs. Declared emergencies will be defined by the
Director of Security Operations or appropriate manager. In addition,
Supervisors must be capable and willing to serve as a member of Zoo
Atlanta’s Specialized Emergency Response Team (S.E.R.T.).
How to apply: Please apply directly on the Zoo Atlanta Careers website at www.zooatlanta.org/careers
- Respond immediately to open shifts; able to work extended hours
- Provide direction on assigned shift to enforce security/safety
programs and ensure posts orders are followed, established patrols
are completed, and reports and logs are filed daily and weekly.
- Assist in creating and managing work schedules
- Assists in the training of security officers and review of post
orders ensuring officers have competent knowledge of assignments.
- Communicate with manager daily and weekly regarding officer’s
performance, security, and safety issues.
- Prepares, files, and submits various reports as required.
- Assists the Manager in delegating work, responsibility,
- Assist with Investigations of accidents, incidents, and other
- Inspects and evaluates security officers for appearance,
alertness, and proper performance.
- Communicate company policies and procedures to all staff.
- Inspect and security equipment used by the security officers.
- Conduct briefings during shifts to inform officers of pertinent
information regarding ZA.
- Responds to alarms and dispatch calls; decides what actions to
take based on situation, facts known and position limitations
- Perform routine patrols and escort duties when needed.
- Document any irregularities on daily shift reports, incident
reports, violation reports, injury forms and if necessary, work orders.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by manager or higher.