Who we are: Located just minutes from downtown, Zoo
Atlanta is the oldest and one of the most respected cultural
destinations in the Southeast’s largest and most vibrant city.
Culture, dining, nightlife, and famously eclectic neighborhoods, not
to mention a temperate climate year-round, attract a growing number of
newcomers to the one-and-only Atlanta.
As an organization, Zoo Atlanta’s points of pride include being one
of only three zoos in the U.S. to house giant pandas; home of one of
North America’s largest populations of great apes; and a longtime
reputation for excellence in the care and study of reptiles and
amphibians. Our mission sets us apart, and every day at Zoo Atlanta is
an opportunity for discovery, a chance to contribute to conservation,
and a way to make a difference in the lives of the people of our community.
What we offer: As a workplace, Zoo Atlanta is very
proud of a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a competitive
compensation and benefits package. Benefits include but are not
limited to outstanding medical coverage and 403b retirement program
match; vacation time buy and sell; professional development training;
paid time off for community volunteering; and more.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and other supplemental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b) with employer match after 12 months
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick and personal days plus holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee short term and long-term disability insurance paid for by
- Opportunities for professional development paid for by Zoo Atlanta
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions
- Complimentary family Zoo membership
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari,
and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes encounters with
elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
Who you are: The Maintenance Technician is
responsible for the maintenance and repair of Aquatic Life Support
systems, HVAC systems, buildings, animal habitats, and other
equipment. He/she participates in the maintenance, repair, and
replacement of equipment and exhibits This position will also at times
be responsible for projects including new exhibit and capital
improvements for the Zoo.
This position will frequently interface with other Zoo Atlanta
management staff including animal curatorial staff, veterinarians, and
at times, senior management staff regarding safety issues, animal
habitat issues, as well as infrastructure and equipment adjustments
and needed repairs.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician II
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide preventative maintenance and repair of all equipment
(i.e., HVAC, mechanical, electric, plumbing and other environmental
components) to ensure their proper operation.
- Provide routine scheduled maintenance.
- Create and follow maintenance schedules and checklists with supervisor.
- Assist with installation and repair of equipment and fixtures.
- Help prepare budget for equipment replacement.
- Monitors condition of equipment and systems.
- Assist with fabrication of new exhibits and/or prototypes.
- Provide scheduled and emergency exhibit maintenance or repair.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Must be able to work weekends, late evenings on occasion, and holidays.
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Value statement.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Facilities & Construction management team.