Zoo Atlanta lives by the phrase, "a fun place to work and
play," and is unique among workplaces in that our heart and soul
is the daily care of more than 1,000 animals from around the world.
Where else in the city can you go to work alongside giant pandas,
gorillas, elephants, and many more? Our mission sets us apart, and
every day at Zoo Atlanta is an opportunity for discovery, a chance to
contribute to conservation, and a way to make a difference in the
lives of the people of our community
Job Perks (Seasonal and Part-Time):
As a part-time Education team member, you will enjoy a fun fast paced
environment and great teammates as well as:
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b)
- Employee Assistance Program
- FREE park admission for family and friends
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
- 50% off Zoo Atlanta memberships. Gift up to 5 others with 50% off
- Park discounts on food, gift shop merchandise, etc.
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions, such
as the Georgia Aquarium, Dollywood, and more!
Job Title: School and Family Evening/Weekend Educator I
Posted: November 2022
Start Date: January 2023
Job Status: Part-time
Primary Reporting to: Youth and Family Programs Supervisor
Secondary Reporting to: Manager of School and Family Programs
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Purpose: An Evening/Weekend Educator I advances
the mission of Zoo Atlanta by creating experiences that engage,
educate and energize program participants to action. These
individuals teach evening, overnight and weekend daytime programs both
at the Zoo and in the community. Specifically, they facilitate
learning for groups of all ages using interactive, STEM-based
curriculum that showcases Zoo Atlanta’s work to conserve wildlife and
wild places; how to protect our environment; and how every person can
make a difference in these areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality programming as part of all Zoo Atlanta’s
weekend, evening, and overnight educational experiences.
Programming includes, but is not limited to: Night Crawlers,
Twilight Trek, Scout Programs, Adventure Cubs, Special Events, and Tours.
- Willingness to cross train on additional Education Programs such
as Professional Learning programs, Home School Academy, and Safari Camp.
- Commitment to learn and master all content and skills needed to
provide quality programming to Zoo program participants and guests.
- Be able to provide excellent customer service to all zoo guests,
including parents, teachers, chaperones, students, etc.
- Preparation and breakdown of program materials.
- Report program needs to supervisor as necessary.
- Know and follow all emergency procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a positive and encouraging attitude to co-workers and guests.
- Assist with and/or lead on-grounds programming and projects as needed.
- Must attend all Zoo Atlanta mandatory training (i.e. customer
service training) as well as Team meetings and workshops.
- Completion of various additional duties as assigned.