Job Title: Director of Corporate Relations
Reports to: VP/CAO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Status: Full-time
Who we are: Located just minutes from downtown, Zoo
Atlanta is the oldest and one of the most respected cultural
destinations in the Southeast’s largest and most vibrant city.
Culture, dining, nightlife, and famously eclectic neighborhoods, not
to mention a temperate climate year-round, attract a growing number of
newcomers to the one-and-only Atlanta.
As an organization, Zoo Atlanta’s points of pride include being one
of only three zoos in the U.S. to house giant pandas; home of one of
North America’s largest populations of great apes; and a longtime
reputation for excellence in the care and study of reptiles and
amphibians. Our mission sets us apart, and every day at Zoo Atlanta is
an opportunity for discovery, a chance to contribute to conservation,
and a way to make a difference in the lives of the people of our community.
What we offer: As a workplace, Zoo Atlanta is very
proud of a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a competitive
compensation and benefits package. Benefits include but are not
limited to outstanding medical coverage and 403b retirement program
match; vacation time buy and sell; professional development training;
paid time off for community volunteering; and more.
Perks for this full-time position include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and other supplemental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b) with employer match after 12 months
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick and personal days plus holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee short term and long-term disability insurance paid for by
- Opportunities for professional development paid for by Zoo Atlanta
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions
- Complimentary family Zoo membership
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
Who you are: The Director of Corporate Relations is
responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding
relationships and investments from corporations and corporate
foundations. In addition to management of the current portfolio, this
position is responsible for identifying new opportunities for growth,
particularly in the area of corporate sponsorship, and developing and
executing on multi-year planning goals to increase all aspects of
corporate investment. Focus areas include sponsorship of Zoo assets,
programs and events, including a significant focus on the success of
Beastly Feast corporate involvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive and proactive
advancement plan focused on enhancing and expanding corporate
relationships to include a schedule of sponsorable opportunities,
detailed listing of current partnerships including deliverables, and
pipeline of prospects.
- With the VP/CAO, lead the department’s efforts to develop
long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with
corporate partners that will result in funding for the immediate and
long-term goals of Zoo Atlanta.
- Manage the identification, cultivation, solicitation and
stewardship strategies for all corporate prospects concurrently with
focus on the identification and cultivation of a pipeline of
corporate prospects that can make annual and multiyear investments
at the $25,000+ level.
- Oversee the development of competitive and compelling requests for
funding, including the production of the Zoo’s Partnership
Opportunities Deck, Event Sponsorship Decks, letters of inquiry,
proposals and grant applications to corporate funding sources.
- Manage a high-quality stewardship process for active corporate
prospects and donors, including a regular schedule of contacts,
meetings and interaction with leadership and staff.
- With the VP/CAO and the Zoo’s Marketing department, devise new
ways to recognize corporate donors and forge new corporate partnerships.
- Manage systems to ensure delivery of benefits and completion of
reports to funders, working with programs staff including Marketing,
Multimedia, Education and Finance to implement benefits and to
develop content for narrative and financial reports on deadline.
- Develop, manage and monitor annual revenue targets for corporate
revenue; develop and present regular updates on corporate revenue
including at cross-departmental meetings.
- Work closely with VP/CAO, Director of Donor Events and Beastly
Feast Committee to maximize corporate support of the Beastly Feast
gala and coordinate appropriate tracking and analysis documents to
monitor year-over-year involvement of all Beastly Feast constituencies.
- Work closely with other sales functions within the Zoo (i.e.
Director of Business Development, Group Sales, catering partner) to
coordinate efforts with corporate partners in order to maximize relationships.
- Work with Advancement Team members and Zoo staff to develop and
manage in-kind donor opportunities, and develop strategy and plans
to solicit companies for in-kind donations to fulfill supply needs
as prioritized by Zoo management.
- Manage and maximize the corporate relations budget.
- Maintain and present detailed records of proposal submissions,
stewardship interactions and reporting activities.