Zoo Atlanta lives by the phrase, "a fun place to work and
play," and is unique among workplaces in that our heart and soul
is the daily care of more than 1,000 animals from around the world.
Where else in the city can you go to work alongside giant pandas,
gorillas, elephants, and many more? Our mission sets us apart, and
every day at Zoo Atlanta is an opportunity for discovery, a chance to
contribute to conservation, and a way to make a difference in the
lives of the people of our community
Job Perks (Seasonal and Part-Time):
As a Rides and Attractions team member, you will enjoy a fun fast
paced environment and great teammates as well as:
- Flexible schedule: Work 3 shifts per week, with opportunities to
work additional shifts
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b)
- Employee Assistance Program
- FREE park admission for family and friends
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
- 50% off Zoo Atlanta memberships. Gift up to 5 others with 50% off
- Park discounts on food, gift shop merchandise, etc.
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions, such
as the Georgia Aquarium, Dollywood, and more!
Job Purpose: To create safe and fun experiences for
Zoo Atlanta’s Members and guests on our multiple Zoo themed Rides and
Attractions, including the Zoo Train, Endangered Species Carousel, and
Treetop Trail. The starting pay for this position is $12.00 to $13.00
About Treetop Trail:
Treetop Trail, Zoo Atlanta’s
one-of-a-kind aerial playground, immerses guests in the perspective of
our planet’s amazing animal tree-dwellers! Whether they have the
effortless agility of an orangutan or prefer the slower and stealthier
approach of a green tree python, guests can traverse the course at
their own pace as they navigate a series of rope ladders, bridges,
nets and tightrope-style foot lines, all the while safely secured and
tethered with full-body harness and lanyard to a continuous overhead
The Zoo’s KIDZone is also home to a large playground; Zoo train;
Endangered Species Carousel, and Splash Fountain!
Job Title: Rides and Attractions Attendant
Department: Rides and Attractions
Reports to: Rides and Attractions Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Seasonal hourly
Salary: $12-$13 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for attending and/or operating the Treetop Trail, Zoo
Train, and carousel.
- Responsible for ensuring all Treetop Trail participants are
harnessed properly and can adjust harnesses as needed.
- Must be able to handle cash, credit cards and checks accurately
and compile end of day transactions.
- Assist Lead with inventory management
- Able to successfully complete all mandatory training
- Maintain positive working relationships and communication with all
Zoo Atlanta staff
- Must be willing to support Zoo Atlanta’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Any other miscellaneous projects/assignment assigned by Zoo
Atlanta’s Management Team