Job Title: Security Patrol
Department: Loss Prevention
Reports to: Manager of Security Operations
Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (3 PM – 11 PM)
Who we are: Located just minutes from downtown, Zoo
Atlanta is the oldest and one of the most respected cultural
destinations in the Southeast’s largest and most vibrant city.
Culture, dining, nightlife, and famously eclectic neighborhoods, not
to mention a temperate climate year-round, attract a growing number of
newcomers to the one-and-only Atlanta.
As an organization, Zoo Atlanta’s points of pride include being one
of only three zoos in the U.S. to house giant pandas; home of one of
North America’s largest populations of great apes; and a longtime
reputation for excellence in the care and study of reptiles and
amphibians. Our mission sets us apart, and every day at Zoo Atlanta is
an opportunity for discovery, a chance to contribute to conservation,
and a way to make a difference in the lives of the people of our community.
What we offer: As a workplace, Zoo Atlanta is very
proud of a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a competitive
compensation and benefits package. Benefits include but are not
limited to outstanding medical coverage and 403b retirement program
match; vacation time buy and sell; professional development training;
paid time off for community volunteering; and more.
Perks for this full-time position include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and other supplemental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan (403b) with employer match after 12 months
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick and personal days plus holidays
- Tuition assistance program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee short term and long-term disability insurance paid for by
- Opportunities for professional development paid for by Zoo Atlanta
- Local discounts and free admission to partnering attractions
- Complimentary family Zoo membership
- Discounted pricing on individual and family education programs,
such as Safari Camp, Twilight Trek, NightCrawler, Survival Safari, and much more!
- Join the standby list for free behind-the-scenes
encounters with elephants, lemurs, giant pandas, aldabra tortoises!
Who you are: Under the supervision of the Security
Manager, complete day to day work assignments to include, but not
limited to, patrolling Zoo Atlanta grounds. Security Patrols are
essential operating position(s) and as such, may be required to remain
on and/or report for duty during declared emergencies or when
necessary to support operational needs. Declared emergencies will be
defined by the Director of Security or appropriate manager. In
addition, security officers must be capable and willing to serve as a
member of Zoo Atlanta’s Specialized Emergency Response Team (S.E.R.T.).
How to apply: Please apply directly on the Zoo Atlanta Careers website at www.zooatlanta.org/careers
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Patrol Zoo Atlanta in accordance with security procedures
- Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations
- Report safety concerns, security breaches, fire hazards, water
leaks and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Write detailed narrative reports
- Investigate incidents, accidents, crimes, etc. by interviewing and
obtaining statements of victims, witnesses, suspects and concerned parties.
- Operate security vehicle as needed
- Assist in inventory or inspection procedures as directed
- Monitor security radio channels and communicates effectively
- Attend meetings, seminars, and training sessions as required
- Maintain high visibility by patrolling
- Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Reinforce security procedures, and safety policies
- Escort cashiers and other employees to venues throughout the park
in a conscientious and timely manner
- Monitor access control to critical areas including security
building, administration building, and perimeter access gates.
- Represent Zoo Atlanta in a professional and courteous manner.
- Capable of operating security equipment, i.e., CCTV, IMS effectively
- Be familiar and proficient with the Emergency Procedure Manual.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Emergency Notification List.
- Be familiar and knowledgeable of the Zoo Atlanta Policies.
- Review pass-on information and update staff as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties, functions, special projects as assigned
- Complete all other duties as assigned by security management staff.